Best Friends , are they for real?
There is this song tittle that's ringing in my head now that says "Jesus you are my best friend , You will always be .. now and forever" .
That i can tell you , is 100% true and genuine . On earth , does everyone have the blessed gift of life to get one ? I'm not so sure as I just had one of the biggest fights with my so-called best friend whom i have known for 3 years . best friends are meant to share your joy and pain , laughter and tears , and quoting from my friend who once said "friendship is all about your time and effort , to have a friend is willing to sacrifice your time" . I find that so true , as humans only blossom and build a strong foundation of relationship through time and effort .
It's hard to find someone you know has a genuine best friend , who shares with u part of your life and leave beautiful footprints . I believed for once that God sent me a couple of close friends that i got really close to some friends years back and just left my "album", is a training ground for this current friendship that we even declared it sworn by God eternally . Since those previous friendship , i vowed not to get close to any particular person coz i'm afraid of the hurts that'll i'll go through . The "wouldn't life be much happier with a bunch of close friends rather than a best friend" mentality shadowed me till things changed 2 years ago .
I met him in church 3 years ago and we got along well coz of his unusual friendliness to newcomers especially new Christians . Flashing back , we weren't that close after we were friends for a year until he was back from Malacca to KL . Things changed i guess , blah blah blah we got close and eventually declare ourselves as best friends after some clear cut issue on "B.G.R" . People around me didn't believe the fact that male and female can be best friends , even until now . But we proved to ourselves we could and without any sheer misunderstandings. Ok probably sometimes that's the big issue that caused us fights .
For once , this friendship is somewhat so much different than the previous ones i had . If you were to put a neraca spring and weigh , the scale would be more to the "yaaa, this looks more like what best friends do" kind of thing .
In a flash of time , 2 years passed and i dunno whether i could stil declare that we're the best of friends as he could stil openly do . I trully appreciate that but honestly i'm disgusted by it . I know it's not worth it just because we haven't been really in touch for some time , and i know it's not fair to just let go like that . But i want you to know that when a person doesn't keep in contact , the relationship just gets looser and looser and like u just said , the string will break one day . I know you're not looking forward to that , I'm hoping so but the fickle-mindedness of me feels that it's better sometimes u never exist in my life . Never gave me the sense of what true best friend was all about , never showed me what sincerity was all about , never showed me how much time and patience was needed in a friendship , and my biggest fear of all never exist to show me that god will give me a second chance of telling me that my true best friend will arrive someday .
I told you what i needed to tell you just now and i don't know where the guts came from but certainly it was from the bottom of my heart . I don't even know what's my problem , because honestly I don't even want to see you . Just like how afraid you are when you see me we have nothing much to talk , I'm also hoping it won't happen . Yes i'm touched by your small but meaningful effort in trying to keep in touch lately , but even a long lost friend could do that . I'm touched by your self-declare that we're still best friends , but I just don't understand why I'm feeling disgusted whenever you say that . It's as though it's a paradox , you say it but your actions are against it .
Sigh , I just want to tell you that yes I do want to retain this friendship as usual and just like you , i hope we could be back like normal .... talking nonsense about girls , crapping crap about everything in the world we could think of , watching orchestra with me , talk to your fishes , laughing at me bowling into the drain , pasar malam nites , and limau ais with Ravi as usual .... Honestly , i've been living a life lately that as though you were invinsible , and this makes me just like running away from problems . Whatever it is , I pray that God will bless you and bless this friendship just like how He wants it to be . Best friends ? If i haven't written this piece of entry down , i don't think i'll have the guts to say "YES , BEST FRIENDS".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home