Tuesday, September 28, 2004

More Than Life ; Jesus' Blood NEVER Fails Me...

My entry says it all .. today as i sit here in my room , my thoughts and heart is with God , the author and perfector of my faith . Yes , i know some of you might hate what i'm gonna write or even skip this entry but as a matter of fact , this is what life is all about . Honestly , for me at least.

This song says "I love You , More Than Life ..." and it repeats until the bridge that sounds "How can it be? That You are the one , on the cross..." Actually I wanna post this as a continuety to my previous post that seeks an answer regarding the emptiness in my heart . I said that probably the emptiness in my heart was because of the loose string between me and Jesus , and that's why I'm feeling my spiritual bowl has been decreasing lately . And true enough , that was the answer .

It all began when i had to lead the worship in youth for last Sat's special occasion organized by our youth to have a combined meeting with Hosanna Praise Subang youth called "GRYP" (a rather weird name i thought). Prior to the saturday I felt really bad , really empty and I thought to myself "gosh , it's here again ... how can the leader lead if she's down?" I was chattin with my guitarist on the night before and that conversation actually made me thought that I would always feel better and my spiritual bowl will be filled again after youth on saturday . It happens all the time , whenever i don't feel like leading or my fire is low , it'll be restored after leading worship in church .

Back to Friday night , before i slept i was reminded that I need to return the United Live CD to my friend the next day . Therefore i took the chance to watch the VCD Hillsong recorded and trully God's power cannot be compared to anything else . Even just the simple recording touched my heart so much that I don't remember tearing and crying so loud and long to Him before . To some of u there might be nothing special in the vcd , but to me , it reminded me once again the passion of the young people worshipping God , doing so many things including sacrificing their time and daily lives just to fulfill the will of God . They interviewed people like Darlene Zchech , Rueben Morgan (boy how i adore this guy!) , and also Joel Houston , Marty Sampson , and their youth pastor ..

Ok the songs they sang was touching , and i hear them almost everynight before i sleep , but then watching it visually and hearing them pouring out their passion and hearts were just too awesome . This thought that came to my mind was that there were nothing different between us and those Aussies over there . Being they were eqquiped with cooler instruments and groups of choir plus hundred thousands of worshippers worshipping the same God in one achord . That just made me realised that the power of God is the same everywhere and as long as we have the passion and heart for Him , it'll all be according to His will ... I felt as though at that time God was comforting me and mending the loose string back to a tighter one again ...

Oh crap , blogger had some problems and disrupted my post . Now my second half of this post that was completed is erased! Let's see if i can remember ...

Back to sat's session , it was awesome to see God's miraculous power working through those youth who attended the service . He brought back the joy of serving Him in music ministry , reminded me where I belong , and eventually brought the joy of seeing people's hearts touched by Him during worship ... at least i was overjoyed when the people rejoiced and worship Him in spirit and in truth ... Being the worship leader in youth before my friend came along these few weeks , I sometimes feel so dried up that leading worship was a routine for me . It became so easy sometimes i doubt my heart if i was worshipping Him .

But anyway I wanna thank God for his might and power that swept across the church that evening when I see lives touched .... It was a pity I had to rush off that evening before the service was over , but even though that evening I felt nothing when the pastor prayed for me , I knew deep down that's because God already handled me FIRST the night before ... Then again , before that skipping sunday services made things worse . But lately I've been back attending sunday services and man , it really feels good to be back on sundays! It really makes a lot of difference and you'll know it when u experience it . Pastor Brian's message on sat was straight to the point and "terasa" to some of us , but he touched on "spiritual dicipline" which I find it true .

I'm not here to boast or what , but I just wanna say that no matter how boring life is , how miserable times are , how pathetic people around us can be , I know for sure being close to Jesus will make the little difference that's all that matters . That's why I said , the answer to my little emptiness was Him and only He is the way , the truth and the life ... Just like this bridge says ;

"Jesus' Blood NEVER Fails Me"
(adapted from an unknown song)

2 Comments:

Blogger LiLc said...

Hey vern , nope it's totally a 2 diff thing just "trusting GOD" and "knowing GOD" coz if you were to say by just believing in a god and any religion will do , then please inform me anyone around u who is not a Christian but still sense the presence of God and really know who He is . My definition of God here is Jesus christ and that's why He's the way , the truth and the life . I hope one day you'll understand that yes it is only via christianity we can feel Him coz His love for everyone here is unconditional and that's why first of all He created us . To love us ....

11:24 PM  
Blogger LiLc said...

Vern , if you were to ask me then i'm gonna tell you that it's a 2 diff thing you're saying . If by just "trusting a GOD" and "knowing GOD" would be so much difference . Just by trusting a god but not knowing who He is i don't think it makes any difference at all to my life . If i'm wrong then correct me coz you might want to tell me anyone you know that could still have this relationship with God but not a Christian. The point is , He is the way , the truth and the life. all I'm referring to was God himself and it's Jesus ok .. that's why He created us first of all , to love us coz He first loved us .

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home