Ladder 49 ; Eye Opening Story ....
Ladder 49 ; a movie that surrounds the captivity of a drama tale , not only a story revolving Jack Morrison , but tale of his pride , family , passion , job , and also lives of many others . Well i'm not here to be an anti-climax person so that you guys who haven't watch this movie and plan to watch it won't kill me . Basically , I don't understand why , until today ... I'm still searching for the answer ... How on earth did i , a person whom my peers and even sisters call "cold-blooded" and "heartless piece of shit" cried from the ending of the movie and even before I slept that night .
I guess this is the soft touch of me , that nobody knows and believes until today ... That movie in a sense was suppose to give us ,the audience some sense of respect and appreciation to those firefighter "heroes" out there . One sentence was suppose to be the highlight of the movie was meant to touch the audience' heart , "when everyone else is runnig out of the fire , what makes you them run in?" . Well the movie will give u the answer , "COURAGE" . But i so happen to see the answer with a more suitable word like "PASSION" .
Joaquin Pheonix (boy he is gorgeous ......) happens to be Jack Morrison who plays this firefighter that portrayed the passionate character in him to save lives . Sometimes , I wonder if these people should start a family after all . I mean , that's the whole point why Mike (John Travolta) got divorced and never start anew . Your wife would be worried about your safety and again and again one day you might just never see your hubby come home anymore . So , the point is ... if everyone has the same mentality , I guess we'd all be dead in fires , and those Sept 9/11 victims would've been buried without having a chance of survival .
Ok i don't know what i'm writing ... but when I look at the passion he has , i don't see anything wrong in him ..... i mean , i even thought of putting myself in his wife's shoes and I'd do the same ... support him all the way .. all he wanted was just to "save lives" .... Then again , I still don't understand why I cried so much that night .. Honestly , it was just a movie ... and probably 80% of it wouldn't be true ... though it happens daily without us knowing it , unless I work as a fire fighter . My sis seems to say that in Malaysia , you'd probably see those fire fighter just hanging around with coffee all the time ... How sad can that be ? Well the tears may be explained by my hormones that were imbalance lately ...
Then so happen thanks to becky .. I got to know about Oprah Prime Time ... Boy , was this show a good one ... That episode was to interview the cast of Ladder 49 and it was more than that actually.... They started with John Travolta , and boy you should see his house ! Woo ... And surprisingly , I never knew he was such a NICE man ... i really mean NICE , humble ... generous ... and also a cry baby .. how often do u see John Travolta cry ? Ok then there was the gorgeous looking Jaoquin Pheonix... I like his name , and just in case u are wondering how on earth to pronounce his name , it's "Ha-kin" . Then of course how can they miss the Australian Super model Jacinda Barrett who plays Jaoquin's wife in Ladder 49 . She's already 32 and gosh she looks like 22 years old ! Coincidently , she's playing the role that in real life ... her mum plays .. a wife to a fire fighter .
Well , to clear the doubts of many people out there .. including myself , Oprah and John Travolta invited this 3 fire fighters (real one) who've gone through life and death situation and was awarded the medal of honour by their team-mate who almost met the angels of Heaven instead of seeing his kids grow up if they didn't save him ... Soon after , the story of a real hero was told . It wasn't Joaquin , it wasn't John , nor it was those fire fighters .. it was Mattie Stepanek .
Mattie was a 14 year old boy , suffering from Muscle Distrofi , (how do u spell it?) whom had to depend on a life saving machine to move around . Suffering from that illness , he wrote a couple of books and with so much wisdom for his age (talking about maturity vs age!) ... he said something that touched me . In life's hardest circumstances , he often sees the "half filled cup full" . Not even mentioning the word empty , just proves this young boy's positive beautiful mentality . So much suffering from pain that he wanted to just die but did not do so until he asked his mum's permission for it ... Just before the month of June ended , Mattie Stepanek went back to God's arms peacefully .... He had a burial procession just like a fire fighter's one , with his name carved on the fire fighter wall , and even USA Ex-president Jimmy Carter attended to acknowledge this tiny being .
I guess everyone's life brings a purpose on earth . If you were to say why did God ever wanted to put this kid on earth with so much suffering , and it is to wake many of us up from our stupid agony and complaints from everyday life . Ok , probably just to wake ME up . I mean , for the past few days I've been depressed over certain issues .... knowing the fact I have ignorant parents over my future education , and to forget the dream of going to Berklee , and a friend whom i need in troubled times is just as good as invincible , and etc etc ... where's the sense of satisfaction in life ? We've all gotta learn to grow up , learn to appreciate what's around us and love others even more . I'm sitting down here bitten by mosquitos , but then it's not going to stop me from bloggin and writing a tale of Mattie Stepanek , God's gifted son .
"I often believe in this , Don't forget to play after the storm"
*quoted from Mattie Stepanek*
May you Rest In Peace , Mattie (1990-2004)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home